We are dedicated to working with all Coloradans, urban and rural, aiming to ensure racially-minoritized voices and perspectives are included in the development of our projects that restore water to rivers.
- Formation of a board-level Racial Equity and Inclusion (REI) Committee in 2020
- Engaged with diverse community leaders to inform our current strategic plan
- Partnered with the DU-Law Community Economic Development Clinic on an Equity Toolkit to evaluate and assess community impact of current and future water projects – coming in 2023
- Ongoing cultivation of partnerships with organizations that focus on equity and the environment to inform future growth opportunities
We aim to promote diversity in Colorado’s water community through support of racial-minoritized students of water-related studies and by creating pathways to career opportunities.
- CSU Water Center Student Fellows sponsorship and engagement – 2021 to present
- Published a blog series on diversity in the Colorado water, environmental, and recreational communities in 2021
We are committed to creating opportunities for our staff and board to develop knowledge and skills about racial inequity in Colorado’s water history and industry to be better partners and collaborators with the state’s minority populations.
- REI training at the 2022 board of directors retreat
- Monthly readings for staff addressing racial inequity and water in the state and arid West
- Encourage and support staff to use paid time to volunteer with community organizations that promote REI
As we pursue this work, we commit to:
- Acknowledging mistakes. If we take enough risks, we will fail sometimes. Own it. Learn and grow.
- Listening. We would love to hear from you. Please help us grow and let us know how we are doing.
- Transparency & accountability. Visit this page often to watch our progress.